Sunday, June 20, 2010

LASIK Surgery

After much positive influence from my dear friend Jacinta Nguyen, I've made the decision to get LASIK eye surgery.  This Thursday will be my first consultation, and if all goes well, I'll be having the short procedure the following Monday.

I've worn either eye glasses or contact lenses since the 7th grade and anyone else who also wears them would probably share the same thoughts with me that it's such a hassle keeping up with them.  I REALLY hate eye glasses and the way they love to slide off my non-bridge nose and give me headaches.  I loathe having to fork up $80 for an eye exam each year just so I can purchase more contact lenses.  Waking up to a bunch of blurry objects and blindly fishing for my eye glasses on my side desk every morning is such a pain. 

So I did my cost analysis for the procedure, and it looks like I could possibly be saving myself $4,450 if I get to live up to 80 and my eye sight is still good.  The procedure costs $2700 for both eyes and at $130 a year covering eye exams, contact lens purchases, and solutions to maintain my lenses, I would be spending $7150 until age 80.  

It's amazing how a 10 minute procedure can effectively cut a cornea and correct eye vision.

On another happy side note, Happy Father's Day!  I can't wait to thank my daddy for borning me and eat some steak!


3 comments:

  1. Many people have heard of Laser technology. Did you know that in the year 1989, the first ever human laser eye surgery was conducted?

    Today Laser is the most frequent form of technology for correcting vision and improving the eyesight. Essentially, Laser is the technology that is used for the purpose of a LASIK surgery. LASIK is the abbreviated form of the term Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis. LASIK is known as the most common type of Laser eye surgery.
    best ophthalmologist in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. https://yaldoeyecenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. download instagram stories

    ReplyDelete