Sunday, September 20, 2009

Starting a Family


No, I'm not expecting!

This past Saturday, I went to a high school friend's baby shower and realized that she was having her 4th baby's baby shower. Then, I started thinking about how old my mom was when she had me (her 3rd daughter) and it was around my age right now.

You would think that I am feeling late in the game and wondering, "why don't I have a family yet?" On the contrary, I am enjoying my no-kiddies-yet time. Don't get me wrong, I would really love to have my own family now and take them to parks and watch them play with other kids and watch them learn and grow, but I think where I am in my life, I shouldn't complain about what I have or don't have... I am happy that I have my own time to be free and do whatever I want to do without serious obligations. If I had a family, I'd still be happy spending my time with them.

So this exponentially-growing cute family started with two high school sweethearts who got married and started on their family shortly after high school. Mrs. B and I reconnected while working at the clinic, and it was there I grew to adore her children. Her kids say, "yes m'am," "please," and "thank you" with their cutest smiles and pig tails. I told Mrs. B that she must not have any problems finding a babysitter to watch over her three adorable kids because they're so well behaved. When I "grow up" (funny how I'm still saying that!), I definitely want to raise me some well-behaved chirrens!


No comments:

Post a Comment