Monday, June 1, 2009

First experience in Pediatrics

Last Saturday was my first experience in Pediatrics. Benji and I shadowed Dr. H at Middle Georgia Pediatrics in Milledgeville, GA for a day, and spent the rest of the day sight seeing the Governor's mansion and Georgia State and College University. We only saw four patients, but we learned a lot mainly because Dr. H took a lot of time explaining conditions and certain symptoms to both the patient, patient's mom and us. We learned how to spot the ossicle, which is located in the ear and is the smallest bone in the body and learned that there's a condition called, "Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease." That's like saying "hair, uterus, and left lung disease." Benji also gave injections and the kid cried, screamed and kicked like no other.



Also, like I had expected, I found myself distracted by the cute little kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment